Thursday 29 November 2012

Girl with Pearls a Fugitive Sexy Painting

I don't normally do Commissions…. In-fact i try and avoid them like the plague. Lets be serious when someone asks for something in-particular, that means that already have an idea of what they won't and don't want and their always seams to be a time issue….

Its the one reason I avoid doing Commissions and yet when I was approached by a woman to paint something "Sexy for My bedroom" I knew exactly what she was looking for… 

Girl with Pearls 
80 x 80 cm oil on canvas painting
She had seen several paintings of figures i have done over the years and was very interested… We sat and chatted over coffee, very frankly about what she was looking for and how she wanted to feel and look…     

I must admit I was initially resistant to the idea of doing a sexy painting for her bedroom and knowing her I doubted that it would be a private image…. She would show the painting to everyone…. and why not.

"I'm an Abstract Artist if you want portraits and such alike Im probably not the artist to ask" I challenged… She was having none of it and said or something along the lines of,  "Ive seen what you paint and I like it. Your Paintings convey a feeling a sense of action it's not just figures i want to see its all the questions and possibilities that they will pose that interest me". 

OK all I have to do is paint a group of figures having sex???? that are sexy, figurative, abstract and pose questions about what is happening? why? where? and even more no time limit …. What an interesting Challenge… what's is an artist to do..

This oil Painting is one of the trail pieces. a test so to speak, where I can explore different styles and approaches. I especially like the use of the wide black lines that surround the figure and the thick creamy green paint that created blocks and squares 

Ok its not to everyones taste, but that makes the world an interesting place…The Other paintings completed as studies for this commission so far are Five figures (hosted on website) explores liens and colours in a different way while Thrown Down is a volatile mixed media painting that brings together subtlety and raw energy and A Painting in progress which i'm currently still working on at the moment.

See more Modern or abstract paintings by the artist visit www.mjo-art.com for a unique collection of fantastic and diverse paintings as well as lots of articles and much more besides.

Thank you for contributing to this community I deeply appreciate your valuable time as I realise that all comments allow us to learn from our mistakes and build on our successes

No comments: